GOOGLE WORKSPACE DIRECTORY INTEGRATION OF SLX Connect
SLX Connect helps to synchronize users using Google Workspace Active Directory Integration and lets you take complete control over application access, user provision and deprovision in real time and you can also add second factor authentication. Our Identity and access management system is rooted in Google Workspace which provides an identity for authentication.
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below for Google Workspace Directory Integration
Step 1: Setup Google Workspace as IDP in SLX Connect
- Log in to Your SLX Connect Console and navigate to Identity Providers > Add Identity Provider > SAML
- Go to https://admin.google.com and login to your Google Workspace Administrator account.
- On the Admin index, Click on Apps.
- In the App Settings, select SAML apps.
- Click on the Add App button on the top left.
- Choose Add custom SAML app from the dropdown list.
- Enter a suitable name; for example, SLX Connect, and press continue.
- Download the IDP metadata or keep handy the Entity ID and SSO URL it will be required by the SLX Connect.
- Fill the details on the SLX Connect IdP screen by adding the following data from Google Workspace Metadata.
- Click on Save. You have now set up Google Workspace as a SAML IdP in SLX Connect.
|IDP Display Name||Google Workspace (G Suite)|
|IDP Identifier||Google Workspace (Google Apps)|
|IDP Entity Id||IDP Entity ID|
|SAML SSO Login URL||Identity Provider SSO URL|
|X.509 Certificate>||X.509 Certificate|
Step 2: Steps to setup SLX Connect as SP in Google Workspace (G-Suite)
- On the Google Workspace Metadata page, click on continue.
- In the SLX Connect IdP dashboard, navigate to Identity Providers and click on Select near your recently configured GSuite IdP entry, and click on Metadata.
- Click on Show Metadata Details under the FOR SP - INITIATED SSO section, and copy the relevant details.
- Enter the ACS URL and the Entity ID in the GSuite dashboard; select EMAIL under the Name ID format section and click on continue.
Step 3: Steps to map Google Workspace user attributes with SLX Connect
- You can skip this step if you don’t want to configure attribute mapping between GSuite and SLX Connect.
- Add the attribute mapping as required, and click on Finish. The attributes selected will be available to SLX Connect using the names that you configure here.
- If you want to send Google Workspace attributes to your configured applications, go to Identity Providers, and edit your recently configured GSuite IdP entry.
- Enable the Send Configured Attributes option, and enter the appropriate attribute names to be sent to your configured applications. Click Save to update your IdP settings.
- You can check if the attributes are being mapped correctly by navigating to Identity Providers, clicking the Select dropdown next to your configured GSuite IdP, and clicking on Test Connection.
- After doing the configurations try Test Configuration in SLX Connect you will see the Test Successful Window with all the configurations.
- Now try to sign in with the user which is not in SLX Connect. The user will get automatically updated in the users list in SLX Connect.You can see the user list in SLX Connect>Users. (The red symbol indicates the user is not from SLX Connect.)
Step 4: Importing Users
- Import Google Apps users in SLX Connect Directory. Navigate to Users -> User Sync/Provisioning Section.
- Select Google Apps from the dropdown list.
- Enter Google administrator email to verify your identity once and click on verify credentials.
- Login with your Google Admin Account.
- Once logged in successfully, click on Allow button to authorize SLX Connect to view and manage the provisioning of users on your domain.
- Once your Google Apps domain identity is verified. We can import users from Google Workspace.
- Now, Enable Import Users and save provisioning settings for Google Workspace (google apps).
- Go to Import Users Tab and select Google Apps from the dropdown. Click on Import to create users in SLX Connect.
- Once the import is done. You can view these users in Users->User List.
- Once imported Send invitation emails to users with link to reset their Google Workspace account password once.
- When user reset their password, the password gets synced in Google Workspace account. When a user clicks on the password reset link from the invitation email. He will see a page like this to Reset the google password.